BERGEN COUNTY, N.J. — Penn E&R completed a comprehensive soil and ground water investigation to assist a client through the NJDEP Industrial Site Recovery Act (ISRA) Program and Site Remediation Program in order to sell a 16-acre property. Impacts to soil and groundwater from historic use of the property and historic fill were found and identified as several Areas of Concern (AOCs). Each AOC was addressed through site investigation, delineation, and remedial phases.
The property was then sold and an Response Action Outcome (RAO) was issued for the site. Penn E&R continued its involvement as the Licensed Site Remediation Professional during the redevelopment activities. Both buyer’s and seller’s teams of consultants, legal, and corporate were pleased with the outcome of the project and reuse and redevelopment of the site.
KEY PROJECT FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Subsurface characterization to investigate soil and groundwater
- Well installation and groundwater monitoring
- Historic fill
- Excavation of petroleum- and PCB-contaminated soils
- LSRP reporting and issuance of RAO
- Site capping for redevelopment