Penn E&R completed the design, permitting, and construction of the Nelson Welles Surface Water Intake in North Central Pennsylvania, which consisted of a high volume surface water withdrawal and truck loading station capable of delivering 590 GPM or 850,000 GPD for use in natural gas well construction, drilling and completion activities. The project required work to be completed in an environmentally sensitive area in coordination with multiple state, regional, and federal regulatory agencies under tight client schedules and budgets. With the exception of several specialty trades, Penn E&R completed all aspects of the project from engineering design and permitting to actual construction using in house manpower and resources.
KEY PROJECT FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Conceptual Design, Project Siting, Endangered/Threatened Species Evaluation and Clearance
- Preparation and Submission of Susquehanna River Basin Commission (SRBC) Water Withdrawal Application
- Preparation and Submission of Highway Occupancy Permit Applications for Site Access and Utility Crossings
- Design and Construction of Surface Water Intake, Pipelines, Lift Stations, Controls, and Truck Loading Facility
- Design and Construction of Highway Access
- Design and Construction of Erosion and Sedimentation and Storm Water Management Controls