In addition to providing professional engineering, permitting, and construction management services for a freshwater impoundment project, Penn E&R was hired to prepare a Wetland Mitigation Plan and oversee implementation of a wetland mitigation project in Wyoming County. The project was required to mitigate unavoidable impacts through filling wetlands on the site. Onsite mitigation, which is preferred by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, was feasible and selected for this project. After securing the necessary permits and authorization, the project was initiated in late 2013 and has resulted in the creation of approximately 0.25 acre of new wetland habitat. Performance monitoring tasks are ongoing.
KEY PROJECT FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Wetland Investigation and Delineation
- Development of a Wetland Mitigation Plan
- Construction Direction and Oversight
- Installation of Native Woody Plantings, Seeding and Stabilization
- Performance Monitoring Inspections
- Preparation of Monitoring Reports for Submittal to Regulatory Agencies