MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Pa. — In this channel restoration project, a 120-foot span of a channel was badly eroded and was directly impacting an existing transmission pole and guy wire anchor. Penn E&R completed a channel restoration design, which included establishing stable bank slopes and incorporating combination of rock riprap, Turf Reinforcement Mat (TRM), and vegetation as permanent stabilization. Penn E&R also worked with PADEP to obtain an emergency permit to complete the work in a timely manner. Penn E&R completed the construction of the restoration project including the realignment and installation of stabilization measures.
Construction of the project was completed in December of 2015. Vegetation was established in the spring of 2016 and the channel is functioning in stable condition.
KEY PROJECT FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Design of restored channel
- Establishment of stable bank slopes
- Coordination with the PADEP regional office to obtain an emergency permit
- Construction of restored channel, including realignment and installation of stabilization measures
- Establishment of vegetation